- Become a better photographer today!
remember me:     

BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

To participate in the Forum, become a BetterPhoto member or Sign In.

Photography Question 
BetterPhoto Member

member since: 6/9/2007

Need Help with Image Editing!

My brother wants me to combine two or 3 photos into one photo, but I'm not sure which photo editing software is capable of doing that! Any suggestions? And it will need to be able to add text in the photo! Thanks. I need this info ASAP! :)

7/24/2008 8:24:46 AM

Alan N. Marcus

member since: 3/4/2006
  You can procure a copy of Photoshop Elements, a light version of Photoshop, or my favorite: Corel Paint Shop Pro. Under $100. You can go to Corel’s Web site and download a free trial copy.

7/24/2008 9:25:29 AM

Jeanine M. Bailey
BetterPhoto Member

member since: 11/26/2007
  Hi Heather!
I am new to the whole photo editing thing and have been using Photoshop Elements 6. You can download a free trial at Hope that helps!! Good luck!!!

7/24/2008 11:24:41 AM


member since: 9/25/2006
What do you mean "combine two or 3 photos in to one photo"? You want to make a mosaic? A panorama? A poster? What?
The target determines the method.

7/24/2008 11:30:30 AM

Carolyn  M. Fletcher
BetterPhoto Member
Contact Carolyn
Carolyn 's Gallery

member since: 10/6/2001
  Elements has a pretty good tool for that sort of thing.

7/24/2008 11:45:48 AM

Pete H
BetterPhoto Member

member since: 8/9/2005
Any editing program that uses "layers" will work. You will have to learn "layers", but it is not difficult. Think of it like painting: You paint something on your canvas. Then you lay a clear piece of plastic over it and paint on the plastic ... place another clear plastic piece over that. You now have two "layers" that can be removed, added to, erased, rearranged even ... etc. Though this is a very simplistic description, it is basically how they work.
Layers are nothing more than what the word describes.

7/24/2008 10:01:31 PM

Christine A.
BetterPhoto Member

member since: 6/2/2007
  Hi Heather,
I use Gimp, a free software that is supposed to be similar to Photoshop. That is what I used to create this collage:

Here is the download link. :)
Good luck!

7/29/2008 5:57:22 AM


member since: 9/25/2006
Heather is not very interested anymore.

7/29/2008 6:54:54 AM


To participate in the Forum, become a BetterPhoto member or Sign In.

Copyright © 1996-2014, Inc.® All Rights Reserved.