BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 

BetterPhoto Member Since: 9/22/2005

Copyright Notice on Photos

How do you put the copyright on pictures if you have PhotoShop Elements 6.0? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

To love this question, log in above
4/21/2008 4:12:37 AM

W.    Click the text tool ('T'), place the cursor where you want it, and start typing...

To love this comment, log in above
4/21/2008 4:43:15 AM

Richard Lynch
BetterPhoto Member Since: 6/12/2005
  Also try this other BetterPhoto thread on the subject:
copyright additions
It works the same in Elements 6 as other versions of Elements or Photoshop for that matter. Let me know if you have questions about specific steps!

To love this comment, log in above
4/21/2008 11:53:37 AM


BetterPhoto Member Since: 9/22/2005
  When I hit the T & start typing it's like doing it on a layer to the side. I don't know how to get it over there on the photo.

To love this comment, log in above
4/21/2008 6:24:13 PM

Peter W. Marks
BetterPhoto Member Since: 3/5/2006
  Cheryl, two things could be happening.
1} You are using a type-face color that is similar or the same as the portion of your image that you are typing on so although the words are there they will not be seen. e.g. white on white; black on black etc. Go up to the options bar at the top of the screen and click on the small rectangular box about half way across the screen this will bring up a Color Picker. Click on any contrasting color then click on OK in that dialog box. Now you should be able to see what you are typing unless it is the type size which is the problem.
2) Go back up to the Options bar to the submenu box that has a couple of "T"s on the left side. Click on the blue "V" and from the dropdown list of type sizes chose the largest "72pt" and then see what happens.(you will probably not want anything this large on your final image but do this just to see how it works) You can adjust the size later but remember if your image on the screen is only set at say 25% of the final printed size then the type will also be at 25% so again might be way too big when you are displaying or printing at 100%.

I have Photoshop CS2 but I am hoping that your Elements has similar toolbars etc.

If I haven't made that clear let me know Cheryl and I or some other helpful soul will try again!

To love this comment, log in above
4/22/2008 4:59:28 AM

Sorry, Cheryl, I should have been clearer. It should have read:

"Click the text tool ('T'), place the cursor where you want it AND CLICK ONCE TO FIX IT THERE, THEN start typing..."

Hope this helps.

To love this comment, log in above
4/22/2008 8:00:19 AM

MichaelAnn    Cherl,

Your copyright signature can be made into, and saved in Elements, as a brush. By doing this you can change the size of the signature to fit the picture and change the color. I found this web site helpful

But you can find a lot of information if you just google "make signature brush"

To love this comment, log in above
4/22/2008 8:56:49 AM

Ronald H. Musser
BetterPhoto Member Since: 10/28/2006
  if you have a mac depress select the
Text key select the font you want depress the option and g key the copyright symbol will appear on your photo type your name and 2008 and you have it.

To love this comment, log in above
4/22/2008 8:15:48 PM

Bunny Snow
BetterPhoto Member Since: 11/16/2004
Contact Bunny
Bunny's Gallery
  Hi Cherl,

On your final print, after it has been sized and all work has been done including sharpening, bring the print up to 100% by hitting "pixels". Next using the Text emblem (T) type in the font desired. First with the copyright emblem, followed by the year, a comma, and your name. This is what I do.

You can make the copyright emblem () by holding down the Alt key with your left hand and typing 0,1,6,9 at the number pad on the right side of your key board.

Once you place text and the copyright emblem on your work, eliminate the newly created layer, and flatten your image. Nothing else can be done to your image by you or anyone else without raserizing it first.

Hope this helps.


To love this comment, log in above
4/23/2008 12:47:44 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.