BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Wendy McCollum

Backgrounds for Portraits

What kind of backdrops are used in photo studios (like in the mall ... Picture People, Kinderfoto)? The white backdrop isn't muslin and it isn't vinyl. It kind of looks like paper, but it has a glossy finish on it.

To love this question, log in above
11/19/2004 10:28:39 AM

Kip T. Berger
BetterPhoto Member Since: 2/20/2002
  You might find some you like here:
Denny Manufacturing Co.

Their flex backgrounds are great for portability.

To love this comment, log in above
11/19/2004 5:40:52 PM

Marie Pettit   I used to work for picture people when they were still expressly portraits.
At that time what we used was actually either a white muslin or we had a white "window shade". It is a vinyl type material on a roller just like a window shade.

To love this comment, log in above
11/23/2004 5:44:37 AM

Maria Melnyk   It's probably white seamless paper on a roll. It looks glossy because of the shadows cast from the subject.


To love this comment, log in above
12/12/2004 3:21:13 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.