BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Susan Grant

Light stand Arm

I was looking into purchasing a light stand arm w/c-clamp like the the one by GRIP-IT, so I went to the local Home Depot and in the electrical dept.I bought a 16 inch piece of the stiffest heavy duty black electrical wire and duct tape, then taped one end with a c- clamp then the other with a spring type clamp PRESTO a 3.00 dollar Light Stand Arm! Thought I would pass this one along. Susan

To love this question, log in above
10/7/2003 5:20:09 PM

John A. Lind
BetterPhoto Member Since: 9/27/2001
If you use duct tape for the purpose you've described, it's no longer duct tape, it's "gaffer's tape."


-- John
[who cannot tell the difference between the two . . . except by the price tag]

To love this comment, log in above
10/8/2003 10:07:24 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.