BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Stephen Whelan

Photo schools

I want to study photography seriously, for a year or two. Can anyone give me info about schools/programs/diplomas about photography or photojournalism in Canada?

To love this question, log in above
4/4/2003 4:26:19 AM

T. Frates   I can't help you if you're trying to stay in Canada. BUT... ANYONE who is seriously interested in going to school for photography should look up The Hallmark Institute of Photography. It's a very intense 10 month program. You go to classes 5 days a week. The program is set up to get you ready for the working world. You learn EVERYTHING from the beginning... to running your own business. This program is truely only for someone who is interested in having the hand on experience and really making photography a big part of their time for at least 10 months. But.. take my word for it.. you leave prepared for anything. At least check out the website.... amazing place to learn... and amazing people to learn from. It is the Hallmark Institute of Turners Falls Massachusetts (just for reference if you're looking it up on the web.)
If you decide to talk to someone at the school email me directly first. They only except about 100 students each year... so it's good to give an alumni name.
Let me know.

To love this comment, log in above
4/4/2003 12:38:12 PM

Stephen Whelan   Thank you T.F. I'm looking into it and it looks good. I'd still rather study in Canada though...

To love this comment, log in above
4/5/2003 5:28:28 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.