BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Kay Blackman

Zoom lens for an old Minolta SLR SRTSC-II camera?

I have an old Minolta SLR SRTSC-II camera. I want to buy a 100-300 zoom lens for it. Where can I buy online that it won't cost too much? Most lenses that I see online are for digital cameras. Where can I buy for an old SLR camera?

To love this question, log in above
1/9/2009 12:52:59 PM

Jon Close
BetterPhoto Member Since: 5/18/2000
  KEH is a well regarded seller of used camera equipment, B&H and Adorama have used equipment departments. Otherwise try ebay. Look for lenses with Minolta's MC or MD mount. Autofocus lenses for Minolta Dynax/Maxxum/A/Alpha mount cannot be adapted to the old manual focus cameras.

Besides Minolta, there were manual focus xx-300 zooms made for the MD mount by Tamron, Tokina, and Sigma.

To love this comment, log in above
1/9/2009 2:47:22 PM

Christopher A. Walrath
BetterPhoto Member Since: 4/25/2006
  I got two 28-200 MD mount lenses from ebay last year, either for about $50.00 + s/h. I have made about five or six Minolta MD mounting setups in the past few years, XG-M's or sr-T's. And I got everythign from ebay. It's a good source.


To love this comment, log in above
1/9/2009 8:40:25 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.