BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Robert F. Wilson
BetterPhoto Member Since: 10/24/2002

New to Panorama's

I am looking to shoot panorama's and use a Nikon D-200. I have a Manfrotto tripod and ballhead attachment. Is there anything out there to mount between the camera and tripod for pano's. I have checked out Really Right Stuff's website, but more than I can spend right now. Any alternatives, or anybody selling there used RRS equip?

To love this question, log in above
1/4/2008 11:42:13 AM

Gregory LaGrange
BetterPhoto Member Since: 11/11/2003
  There's an apparatus that's made for rotating your camera to do panos. I don't know if that's what you're already talking about. It eliminates or at least reduces the alignment problems when stitching due to rotating on a tripod doesn't have the axis in the right place.
Might have it in an ad in a magazine around here.
Otherwise, use the right focal length lens and overlap when you shoot.

To love this comment, log in above
1/4/2008 2:41:43 PM

Nobu Nagase
BetterPhoto Member Since: 5/31/2003
Something like this? (I didn't look at really right stuff, and don't know if the cost is more or less.)

This type of equipment is required for Virtual Reality pano shots for hotels and rental properties.

To love this comment, log in above
1/4/2008 7:39:30 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.