BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Karla J. Cox
BetterPhoto Member Since: 11/15/2006

photo that looks like looking out a window

I have some friends that seen this and want me to try it. Someone they know has a "window" on their basement wall. The window is actually a window frame with a picture in each pane. (Maybe 16-20 altogether.) It looks like you're looking out the window and can see the kids and dogs playing outside. They don't think it's simply one big picture behind it, but maybe lots of individual pictures. Anyone have a clue or have seen this and can help out? They said each picture in each pane was in good focus. I wish I could see it for myself! Thanks!

To love this question, log in above
12/8/2007 11:11:40 AM

Ask them to . . . take a picture! Mail it to you so you can post it up here.
It helps if we can SEE what we're talking about.

To love this comment, log in above
12/8/2007 7:57:30 PM

Debby A. Tabb
BetterPhoto Member Since: 9/4/2004
  Ok, there are tow ways to get this type of effect:
1) use a fake window frame and use it as a picture frame.
Order size image print you desire to go under your frame and hang.
2) the other is to again get a fake window frame(is done with french doors or window mostly for the devided effect)
then place on a pedestal a few feet to a few yards( depending on desired effect)in front of your subject,
then look through your lens and frame to fit-Shoot & Print.
I hope this helps.

To love this comment, log in above
12/9/2007 9:37:51 AM

Karla J. Cox
BetterPhoto Member Since: 11/15/2006
  Thanks for your responses. Maybe I can get a good picture of it and post.

To love this comment, log in above
12/9/2007 2:34:06 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.