BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Bill Rau
BetterPhoto Member Since: 3/4/2003
Contact Bill
Bill's Gallery

Digital photo editing filter

In a book of photos of the northern (US) prairie region, several of the photos were noted to have been enhanced with FSA tone. All the photos were taken on film, so I suppose the toning was added during developing.

The FSA tone added vibrance and sharpness to black and white photos. FSA, I assume, refers to the photos taken in the 1930s and early 1940s
by Farm Security Administration--Lange, Evans, etc.

My question is: does anyone know of a Photoshop filter plug-in for FSA
tone? If so, where might I find it?


To love this question, log in above
9/30/2007 5:31:08 AM

Ariel Lepor
BetterPhoto Member Since: 9/8/2005
  Why don't you just increase contrast and do some Unsharp Mask?

To love this comment, log in above
9/30/2007 10:52:50 AM

W.    I concur.
Or you could apply B/W photo filters (yellow, orange, red, etc.).

To love this comment, log in above
10/1/2007 10:38:46 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.