BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Kimberlee I. Kadel

Published mag. cover charge?

I have had my own photography business for about a year now. I have been doing everything from family photos, senior pictures, wedding etc. I recently took some photographs of a show dog. The owners wants to publish them on the cover of a famous show dog magazine. They want me to send a digital file to another person who is going to change the background and create a cover design (credit to my photography will be given).
I have been searching around trying to figure out what to charge for a digital file (or CD) and what kind of licensing form to make up for this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. Kim

To love this question, log in above
6/18/2007 8:31:46 PM

Michael A. Bielat
BetterPhoto Member Since: 2/23/2007
  I think there are some threads on this forum regarding pricing like what you need. There is also a Studio software computer program that calculates that sort of thing for you based upon a bunch of criteria. It is made by SuccessWare (

Maybe get a trial download and get the numbers you need at least

To love this comment, log in above
6/25/2007 7:33:35 AM

Kimberlee I. Kadel   Thank you, I will check that out. Kim

To love this comment, log in above
6/25/2007 7:47:24 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.