BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Jessica Johnston
BetterPhoto Member Since: 3/23/2007

darkening edges

I was wondering if anyone could help me with darkening edges of an image. I love that look of subtle burned edges in a photo. Almost like a vignette, but very soft, almost unnoticable. Hopefully someone knows what I'm referring to!
I have a Canon 20d, and use Photoimpact 11 for editing.

To love this question, log in above
6/3/2007 5:26:12 PM

Darren J. Gilcher
BetterPhoto Member Since: 9/1/2005
  Jessica, I don't know what features Photoimpact 11 has but I either use the burn tool with the opacity turned down to maybe 14% or however you like it. Some photo editing packages may have a shape feature that you can use like a heart or an apple and you can select what color and opacity you want. Hope that helps.

To love this comment, log in above
6/3/2007 6:29:18 PM

Karma Wilson
BetterPhoto Member Since: 6/27/2004
  The meloncholytron filter from Flaming Pear is really nice for creating the effect you mention. You can choose the colors, style, size and how strong you want the effect.


To love this comment, log in above
6/4/2007 7:55:56 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.