BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Brian wolin

can i add music to my web site buy using http code

can I add music to my web site buy uploading code,

To love this question, log in above
4/3/2007 4:23:32 AM

David A. Bliss   Can I give you a little advice? Most people don't like music on a website. You will find that most people will leave a site quickly when music suddenly comes pouring out of their speakers. Remember, they might be listening to something else and your music will interfere with that. It is also rude to assume everyone who visits your site will want to listen to your choice of music.

With that said, there are ways to do it, but it is not as simple as adding html code.

To love this comment, log in above
4/3/2007 8:05:33 AM

David A. Bliss   I can't believe I am helping you with this, since music on a website is one of my biggest pet peeves! ;-)

Google "how to add music to a website" and there are a lot more links.

To love this comment, log in above
4/3/2007 8:17:09 AM

Christopher A. Vedros
BetterPhoto Member Since: 3/14/2005
  I agree with David. Background music on a website annoys me, and usually causes the site to take longer to load.

In addition to finding a way to insert the code on your page, you'll also need webspace to store the music. Your BP website gives you space to store your pictures, but not other files. So you'll need to get some webspace from your ISP to store the music files, and then link to them.

I prefer to live life to my own soundtrack. ;-)

Chris A. Vedros

To love this comment, log in above
4/3/2007 8:18:20 AM

Brian wolin   Thanks for your help even if some feel
music is not needed on web sites
i differ in that it can be effective
in bringing emotion into play with
you photos such as wedding sites ect.

To love this comment, log in above
4/3/2007 3:39:49 PM

David A. Bliss   It's your site and you should do what you think is best for your business! ;-)

Just be sure to only use royalty free music. If you use music that is not in the public domain, you need to pay royalties (ASCAP or BMI).

To love this comment, log in above
4/3/2007 4:16:13 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.