BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Desiree C. Preckwinkle

Borders in photoshop???

Is there a way to add borders to your photos using photoshop? If not, can you give me the name of a program that does? Thanks.

To love this question, log in above
7/30/2006 1:28:30 PM

Pete H
BetterPhoto Member Since: 8/9/2005
  Hello Desiree,

Borders or a frame?

If you just want borders,

Go to the menu and select "Image"..."resize"..."canvas size"

Type in the size you want the border to be; this will vary depending on your image size. Try .2 or .3 for starters.
You can also select the color of the border from the lower box..Black, white or use the color picker to choose any color.

Keep the "anchor point" centered if you want the border around the entire image.

All the best,


To love this comment, log in above
7/30/2006 6:03:45 PM

Melissa Heinemann
BetterPhoto Member Since: 1/9/2005
  This was sooo helpful!

To love this comment, log in above
4/10/2009 11:49:33 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.