- Become a better photographer today!
remember me:     

BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

To participate in the Forum, become a BetterPhoto member or Sign In.

Photography Question 
Jessica Lugo

member since: 11/9/2005


I bought this night owl camera adapter but the letter said that I need a T-mount adapter but I don't know what size to buy for it or where to buy it. Do I also need binoculars? The picture I saw looked like a mini video camera attached to the camera; which is supposed to be binoculars or monoculars. Please help. This is supposed to be a christmas gift for my husband who goes out at night to take pictures in cemeteries.

11/10/2005 6:46:01 AM

Bob Fately

member since: 4/11/2001
  Jessica, a T-mount adapter is generally a tube that fits into the optical instrument (like a telescope) on one end and has a specific type of lens mount or flange on the other end so you can connect it to the camera. So, you can go to a camera store and ask for the T-mount adapter for whatever camera it is your husband has.

Actually, I guess it's posible that the "night owl adapter" that you have really IS the tube itself, and it has some threading on the other end where a T-mount adapter ring can be screwed on. I believe that all T-mount rings are the same diameter, but again you need to know what brand of camera (and sometimes model) you need the adapter for. Nikon is different than Canon is different from Pentax etc.

Again, check out a good camera store - not the camera department of a chain store - and if they don't have the proper adapter they can probably special order it for you.

11/11/2005 10:31:55 AM


To participate in the Forum, become a BetterPhoto member or Sign In.

Copyright 1996-2014, Inc. All Rights Reserved.