BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Kathy Owen
BetterPhoto Member Since: 3/24/2005

Canon users what lens to get?

I have the canon, 50 f 1.8 and the 70-200 f.2.8 IS

I would like to take some landscape shots using a wide angle. I also just need a walk around lens. I would prefer only buying one lens to do both of these things. I'm looking at the 17-40 but I'm not sure that will work for both of these things.

Please advise?

To love this question, log in above
10/26/2005 3:24:10 PM

Jon Close
BetterPhoto Member Since: 5/18/2000
  What camera? The focal length lens you need depends on whether yours is "full frame" (35mm film, 1Ds, or 5D), or the smaller sensored 1D, 20D/10D/D60/D30, or 350D/300D.

17-40 f/4L is a good walk-around range for the smaller sensored cameras, but better for the full-frame would be a 24-xxx zoom (24-70 f/2.8L USM, 24-105 f/4L USM, 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 USM, etc.)

To love this comment, log in above
10/26/2005 5:09:52 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.