BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Kimberly J. Whipps
BetterPhoto Member Since: 1/10/2005

580EX Accessories

I know that this piece of equipment exists, I've seen it, but I don't know what it's called. I am looking for the "arm" that holds your speedlite up off of the camera. (The transmitter is in the hot shoe and the arm is above it and on the side of your camera.) Anyone know what this is called and where to purchase such a creature? Thanks if you can help.

To love this question, log in above
8/28/2005 8:50:19 PM

Kimberly J. Whipps
BetterPhoto Member Since: 1/10/2005
  Okay, I think I found it...a flash bracket, but oh my...there are a whole lot of choices out there. I have an EOS 20D, and a 580ex speedlite. I want to buy a transmitter and a second flash...
Any suggestions for what type of bracket I should buy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(Oh, I shoot mostly portraits, and am looking to continue building a wedding portfolio.)

To love this comment, log in above
8/28/2005 9:49:45 PM

Jon Close
BetterPhoto Member Since: 5/18/2000
  The 580EX will act as a transmitter/controller for remote flashes (420EX, 430EX, 550EX, 580EX). You don't necessarily need the ST-E2 (~$210).

With the 580EX mounted in the bracket you will need the Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2 (~$50) to connect it to the camera.

To love this comment, log in above
8/29/2005 7:00:50 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.