BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Michael A. Dreese

Battery charging without electricity

A friend of mine invited me to spend a week at his rustic cabin in Vermont this coming October. He informed me that the cabin has no electricity. I use a Nikon D70. Is there an AC adaptor on the market that I could purchase to use my battery charger in my car? Also, I need an inexpensive method for tranferring images from my 512 MB cards to a portable hard drive. I can only spend about $100. Could I shoot in basic JPEG mode to get mmore shots? I usually use the large fine setting.

To love this question, log in above
6/18/2005 2:52:06 PM

Gregory LaGrange
BetterPhoto Member Since: 11/11/2003
  Target sells a converter, two kinds with different watt levels. The lower one is about $35, the higher one about $50.
Sure wal mart, radio shack, or any other store selling electronics would have the same.

To love this comment, log in above
6/18/2005 2:57:14 PM

Melissa  L. Zavadil
BetterPhoto Member Since: 2/26/2005
  Just so you know, I do this all the time.

To love this comment, log in above
6/18/2005 3:22:40 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.