BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Colleen L. Mayorga

processing slides.

this is going to sound really silly but, how does one get slide film processed? I have tried to ask other people, but all I get is a bunch of explanations that don't make sense.

To love this question, log in above
1/4/2005 9:48:39 AM

Pamela C.M Lammersen
BetterPhoto Member Since: 1/19/2004
  Hello Colleen,

are you asking where you can have a roll of slide film processed?
or are you asking what is the E6 process and how does it work?
I'm sorry I was a wee bit confused about which you needed - (a blonde moment for me I am sure:-)

thanks Colleen I will keep an eye out for your reply
-Pamela Lammersen

To love this comment, log in above
1/4/2005 10:35:25 AM

Michael H. Cothran   Colleen - First (and simply), there are only two types of slide film on the market today -
1. Kodachrome, and
2. Everything else.
Kodachrome can only be processed by film labs that specify they can do Kodachrome, and those are becoming harder to find. If you are shooting Kodachrome, call Kodak's customer service for help locating a lab.

All other slide films are processed in chemicals known as E6. There are many corner drug stores that will send out your film for you to an E6 film lab. If you live in a larger urban area, check out the phone directory under 'Photography' for film processing labs that do E6. A third alternative is to choose a mail order film lab where you can mail your film. For a list of the gazillion mail labs nation wide, check out Google for Slide Film Processing.
Hope this helps.
Michael H. Cothran

To love this comment, log in above
1/5/2005 6:51:31 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.