BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Beverly A. Burke
BetterPhoto Member Since: 4/18/2004

Buzz Filter?

I have read that using a plug in called the "Buzz filter" can help you achieve painterly effects with photographs. Does anyone know if it is difficult to use and how well it works? I currently work with PS CS.

To love this question, log in above
9/22/2004 6:12:37 PM

Karma Wilson
BetterPhoto Member Since: 6/27/2004
  BuZZ is very easy to use. I only use the effects called "simplifers" that it comes with, but it has other options as well. There are three examples of buZZ work in my gallery. The Garndners, Big Red Barn and River Front Barn. I enjoy it as a filter and plan to use it for children's book illustrations.

Take care,


To love this comment, log in above
9/22/2004 8:34:52 PM

Beverly A. Burke
BetterPhoto Member Since: 4/18/2004
  Karma, Thank you for your response. I've been to your gallery, love your country side photos and particularly love the painted feeling that you've achieved in many of your images. Wish I were in the country! The closest I got was apple picking this weekend on a farm in eastern long island. I plan to look for the "buzz" plugin and hope I can do similar things with my images.

To love this comment, log in above
9/23/2004 5:29:22 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.