BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Shauna Linde
BetterPhoto Member Since: 6/10/2004

B & W chemical storage containers

This may be a really dumb sounding question but I'm asking it anyhow. I am getting my home darkroom set up and I need to get some clear bottles that can hold a gallon of liquid. When I was in school the containers were shaped like bleach containers (although clear, and they did NOT start out with bleach in them). I can't find anything like this on websites.
Can I use old milk jugs or does anyone know where I can find clear gallon size bottles?? Also--I was reading a response about not putting fixer down the drain? Do photographic stores take it back or what do you do with it???

To love this question, log in above
7/28/2004 9:07:19 PM

Gregory LaGrange
BetterPhoto Member Since: 11/11/2003
  grocery store and get the cheapest brand of gallon size water. About a $1.19
See if a photo lab will take the fixer. If not, look for hazardous materials handlers.
Keep an eye on developer causing a leak in the seams at the bottom of the jug over time. Keep newspaper underneath jugs to soak up spills, leaks, keep stains off the floor.

To love this comment, log in above
7/28/2004 10:38:54 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.