BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: All About Photography : Photographing Specific Subjects : Macro Photography Tip

Photography Question 
Pamela p. Hyman

Reflected Flowers, Bees, Etc. in Raindrops

I saw a photo of a rain drop and in it was the reflection of flowers and bees it was fantastic. What kind of camara would I need for that?

To love this question, log in above
10/30/2001 8:25:26 AM

Jeff S. Kennedy   The question really isn't what kind of camera do you need but what kind of lens. Most any 35mm SLR will work. To get shots that close up you need a macro lens and some extension tubes. Go to the bookstore and look at books regarding macro photography.

To love this comment, log in above
10/30/2001 3:49:04 PM

RG Rottschalk
BetterPhoto Member Since: 1/27/2004
This response is a cople years after the question but even the cheaper cameras with good lenses can capture that kind of macro in a $200 package. I'v attached one of mine taken with a Nikon Coolpix 2100.

To love this comment, log in above
1/30/2004 9:16:44 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.