3405 Junior Tripod and Head
- Lightweight and compact, this 4-section tripod provides a stable platform.
- Ideally suited for compact or 35mm SLR cameras, or the new generation of lightweight camcorders.
- Legs constructed of sturdy multifaceted tubular aluminum.
- Quick twist leg lock adjustment.
- Cast alumimum shoulder for rigity.
- 12 1/2" center column is reversable for low angle shots.
- Integrated 3-way Head made of cast aluminum and has a quick release plate.
out of 5
out of 5
Note: I am not a professional photographer, not even a very good amateur. :-)
I like this tripod. I use it for my camcorder, my EOS SLR with a variety of lenses, and even my tiny S20 digital camera. It's sturdy, has enough head adjustment for my needs, and is fairly quick to setup/breakdown. It's quite light, yet is full-sized, and that's one of the reasons I bought it. Not too bulky, easy to travel with.
Shortcomings: 1) I wish the legs had some kind of "positive" feedback when they are fully angled; 2) it sounds silly, but the release lever for the center column is LOUD, - I wish it was either a screw or a quieter version of itself; 3) for some reason the mounting plate has the arrow indicating "lens" pointing the wrong way (!?).
But like I said, I like the tripod a lot and would recommend it to others for light-duty (not that I know what heavy-duty photography is ;-).