Gold in them thar hills - Ashcroft, CO
Originally named Castle Forks, then Chloride, this town was founded aroun 1880 due to the location of placer deposites in the Castle Creek Valley. There was such a boom that three years later there were 2500 residents, two newspapers, a school, two sawmills, and 20 saloons. The town soon dwindeled as the mines played out. By 1900, there was only two people left.
Uploaded on 9/23/2006 8:35:36 PM
Made with Pentax K100D Digital SLR Camera
Read Photo Discussion
Sign in to make photo a Favorite
© Dennis Flanagan
Join the photo sharing fun!
Sign in to make photographer a Favorite
Copyright for this gallery photo belongs solely to
Images may not be copied, downloaded, or used in any way without the expressed, written permission of the photographer.