~ HISTORIC ROUND BARN ~
Built in 1912, the 50 feet tall, 70 feet diameter, 16 sided barn was built in 1912 to hold draft horses. As the working horses were replaced by tractors, the "round" barn was used to store hay.
The barn is listed as the Fromme-Birney Round Barn on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987, in 1993 it was given to the Kiowa County Historical Society and in 1995 the Fromme-Birney Barn was restored using a Heritage Trust Fund grant.
Uploaded on 2/1/2013 8:52:50 AM
Made with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Digital Camera
Read Photo Discussion
Sign in to make this photo a Favorite
© Jeana Clark
Join the photo sharing fun!
Sign in to make photographer a Favorite
Copyright for this gallery photo belongs solely to
Images may not be copied, downloaded, or used in any way without the expressed, written permission of the photographer.
Contact the photographer