Escura Street Fountain

© Antonio Amen

Escura Street Fountain
Be the first... Sign in and then comment below.

To discuss, first log in or sign up (buttons are at top center of page).

Description

Also known as S. Sebastião or Pelicano Fountain, built in the 17th century, the fountain was located at Rua Escura. However, in 1940, it was transferred to Rua Pena Ventosa, where it now stands. It comprises two symmetrical feminine shapes that support the upper ornamented frieze where the Portuguese royal coat of arms can be seen. At the centre, there is a pelican (symbol of the "House of Mercy") with a hole on its chest, through which water used to flow.

Exif: F Number: 10, Exposure Bias Value: 0.67, ExposureTime: 10/2500 seconds, Flash: did not fire., ISO: 200, White balance: Auto white balance, FocalLength: 18.00 mm, Model: NIKON D200

Uploaded on 12/17/2011 4:37:59 AM

Made With

Camera: Nikon D200 Digital SLR Camera


BetterPhoto.com Editor's Pick


Copyright for this gallery photo belongs solely to Antonio Amen. Images may not be copied, downloaded, or used in any way without the expressed, written permission of the photographer.
Log in to follow or message this photographer or report this photo.