My front room didn't have any good background spots for taking a macro shot, so I opened my Aperture on my Canon 100 mm macro lens up to f 2.8 to blur my background.
The DOF was so limited that I decided to try focus stacking to get her face in focus, but keep her wings out of focus to frame her in the background. I set the shot up on a Shot Stacker(by Cognysis and combined 14 images with different focuses with Halicon. Notice how the right side of her cape is still out of focus, I think it will take around 20-30 combined shots to get this right.........
Uploaded on 12/28/2012 12:35:29 AM
Made with Canon EOS 1D X Digital SLR Camera