Jardin du Luxembourg
The Luxembourg Gardens cover 60 acres in the heart of the left bank in Paris. The Luxembourg Palace has been used as a royal palace, a prison (briefly), and in World War II it was the headquarters of the Luftwaffe. It is now the home of the French Senate. It was designed by Salomon de Brosse, who built it in the style of the Pitti Palace in Florence, and was completed in 1631.
Uploaded on 11/27/2012 5:31:38 PM
Made with Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR