Taken in Cades Cove, Townsend, TN.
This house is the first frame house to be built in Cades Cove and is made from lumber that was sawed at the Cable Mill. It was built in 1879 on an acre of land purchased from John Cable on Forge Creek Road.
The owner Leason Gregg lived for 8 years in this house and operated a small store on the first floor. As time went one and as needed he would keep enlarging the house.
Eventually land and house were sold back to John Cable's family. Becky Cable died in her Cades Cove home in 1940 at age ninety-four. After her death, the house was moved to its present location at the visitor center in the cove.
Uploaded on 7/9/2012 11:55:44 PM
Made with Olympus Evolt E500 Digital SLR Camera
© Carol Teal
Join the photo sharing fun!