BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 
Kathy L. Pollick
BetterPhoto Member Since: 7/14/2005

B&W photos w/inserted color

Is there a name for creating a photo in B&W & adding back in only one or two items with color? I want to ask my wedding photographer if she can do this with some of the wedding photos, but I don't know what it's called. Thanks

To love this question, log in above
8/3/2005 7:40:51 AM

Mellanie    I call it selective coloring or hand tinting.

To love this comment, log in above
8/3/2005 9:14:02 AM

John P. Sandstedt
BetterPhoto Member Since: 8/8/2001
Contact John
John's Gallery
  Believe or not it's still called "monochrome." One can add one color [various shading OK] to a B&W picutre [print] in competitions hosted by NJ Federation of Camera Clubs and, I believe, PSA.

Not sure what you might call "the process."

To love this comment, log in above
8/3/2005 10:35:37 AM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.