BetterPhoto Q&A
Category: New Questions

Photography Question 

Choosing a Professional Film Processing Lab

I'm just getting started trying to sell photos (seniors, children, weddings, family portraits, etc.). I would like to have professional quality proofs and enlargements to offer my clients. I live in a small rural area in Missouri about 60+ miles from the nearest large city. Can anyone refer me to a reputable, reasonably priced lab that I can use via mail if need be?

To love this question, log in above
9/21/2004 7:32:32 AM

Traci D. Brumley   I am new to photography and the digital world. But I just received my 2nd order from, I was very satisfied, they print on professional paper, color was great, fast turn around, several choices, no complaints. They do have a lab for professional photographers, you have to have a tax ID# to use them, (which I don't have yet) you can find them at Let me know what you decide and GOOD LUCK!!

To love this comment, log in above
9/23/2004 7:53:48 AM

REGINA D. YOUNG   Thanks for responding! I took a look at both labs. I think I'll try Which paper have you tried (the Endura and/or the Metallic?). Did you send them digital files or film or both? Have you used the 'Lustre' finish? Did you have them re-touch anything for you?

Thanks, Regina

To love this comment, log in above
9/23/2004 10:15:57 AM

Traci D. Brumley   Regina,
I tried the Endura, one thing about it, your entire order has to be the same paper type. I sent digital files. I tried the "Lustre" finish on one print,to see how it was, seemed to be a good thing. (my dad saw the picture the day I got it in, and he had to have it). I had the matboard put on an 8X10 just to check it out, it was great also. I did not have them re-touch anything, I just got photoshop 7, so I tried that myself. If you think of anything else, let me know. Not one complaint with the lab. Super fast. PS do you shoot film or digital??

To love this comment, log in above
9/23/2004 7:44:37 PM

Log in to respond or ask your own question.