Get pro feedback on your photos in...
Creative Nature/Outdoor Photos with Lensbabies
Become a better photographer today!
Learn techniques, tips, accessories, and tricks of the trade to create unique images using the Lensbaby 3G or the Composer in this online photography class. Join photographer-author Tony Sweet for this special 4-week photographic journey into the creative and interpretive options unique to this affordable photographic tool - the Lensbaby 3G/Composer. Tony is the author of Fine Art Nature Photography, Fine Art Flower Photography,
and Fine Art Photography: Water, Ice, and Fog.
He is also a columnist for Nikon World Magazine
and is a Nikon Legend Behind the Lens.
- How does this thing work?
- Getting into the aperture rings - a four-ring circus!
- Fun Stuff, Part One: Who cares about sharp??! And getting up close and personal!
- Fun Stuff, Part Two: panning, multiple exposures, wide-angle and telephoto, macro, noise reduction
- Designed for Serious Hobbyists, Intermediates and Advanced photographers (skill levels 2-4).
- Course focuses on the Composer and 3G models of the Lensbaby.
- Learn proper hand holding and tripod techniques.
- Learn the techniques of Lensbaby focusing.
- Discover which aperture rings work best for which subjects.
- Get creative with close-up filters and other attachments.
- Learn special techniques such as panning, multiple exposures, etc.
What You Get
You get direct feedback on your photos from world-acclaimed, professional photographers. You can learn photography in this way from anywhere in the world.
- Learn at your pace, with structure.
- Be guided by a real pro instructor.
- Get your photos critiqued every week.
- Join students from around the world.
- Go far beyond any book or DVD.
- Make great pictures, again and again!
After 20 years as a professional jazz artist, Tony changed careers and directed his creative juices towards nature photography. The improvisational, spontaneous, and abstract nature of jazz are also integral elements of nature photography.
Today, Tony's work is published worldwide and is represented by The Getty Picture Agency.
Tony conducts his "Visual Artistry" photography and digital printing workshops from March through October throughout the continental United States and Canada. Tony's articles and photography are featured in Shutterbug and Rangefinder magazines, and as contributor to Nikonnet.com. He’s also a columnist for Nikon World Magazine.
He has authored three books on the art of photography: Fine Art Nature Photography, Fine Art Flower Photography, and Fine Art Photography: Water, Rain, Fog. All are published by Stackpole Books.
He maintains an active speaking schedule on the subjects of nature and flower photography and marketing, addressing professional photography organizations, universities, seminars, and workshops.
Tony is on the instructor staff of BetterPhoto.com, and is a member of the Baltimore chapter of ASMP. And he has been named a Nikon Legend Behind the Lens and is a charter member or nikSoftwares TeamNik!
To learn more about Tony, visit his Web site:
Sample Photos by the Instructor
© Tony Sweet
© Tony Sweet
Week 1: How Does This Thing Work?
Explanation of the bolts, setting up and using the fine tuning ring, hand holding technique, tripod technique, and aperture rings.
Week 2: Getting into Aperture Rings - A Four-Ring Circus!
When to switch aperture rings. Which aperture rings work best for which subjects.
Week 3: Fun Stuff, Part One
Who cares about sharp??! And getting up close and personal!
- Does anything have to be sharp?
- Focusing very close without a close-up filter.
- Using the close-up filters, extension tubes, and "stacking".
Week 4: Fun Stuff, Part Two
- Image Overlay
- Wide-angle and Telephoto attachments
- Macro Kit
- Lensbaby Creative Aperture Kit
- Noise reduction software and why?
© Tony Sweet
© Tony Sweet
- Lensbaby 3G or Composer lens
- Digital or film-based camera
- Working knowledge of aperture & shutter speed.
Do I need to own a Lensbaby 3G or Composer to take this class?
You will need to have possession of either model, whether you own one or are able to borrow one for the course.
Does the Lensbaby work like a filter?
No. The Lensbaby is a lens that mounts onto your SLR camera like your other lenses.
Do I need a certain type of camera? Will a point-and-shoot camera work?
You will need a camera that enables the use of interchangeable lenses.
© Tony Sweet
© Tony Sweet
Do I have to be online at any specific time?
No, you do not need to be online at any specific time. The lessons are sent to your email and you are also provided the Campus Square - where you interact with your classmates and instructor. This is also where you upload your photos to be critiqued by your instructor. The instructors are very punctual and respond quickly.
Will I have access to the instructor to ask questions during the photo course?
Absolutely! Students can ask questions in the special Q&A forum set up in the course's Campus Square, or can ask the instructor via email.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
Yes. We are confident that you will fully enjoy our courses. All the same, for our 8-week classes, we offer a 100% money-back guarantee before the Wednesday that Lesson #3 is sent out. If for any reason, you are not satisfied and let us know that you would like to withdraw before the Wednesday that Lesson #3 is sent, you will be promptly refunded.
For our 4-week courses, we offer a 100% money back guarantee before the Wednesday that Lesson #2 is sent out from BetterPhoto. If for any reason you are not satisfied and you let the ordering department know that you would like to withdraw before the Wednesday that Lesson #2 is sent, you will be refunded within 7 days. After the second lesson has been sent out, no refunds will be given.
Still have questions about this course? Ask Us
Take the Next Step..
You can Get Started Today! The price is $198.00
USD. Do this to start the class right away. Add to Cart
today to get going in the class.
Add to Wishlist
Better Than Money Back Guarantee
We Guarantee our courses.
100%, No Risk, No Hassle.
See you in class!