Get Great Photos Consistently...
without Having to Think So Hard About Settings!
Do you get frustrated with:
- Inconsistent photographic results?
- Under or overexposing the scene, especially when you only have a split second?
- Trying to decide which ISO, f stop and shutter speed is the best one?
- Wish you knew what settings to use?
- Feel unsure of the result you're going to get because you don't have the interdependencies down?
- Feel unable to anticipate what each setting is going to DO to your photo?
Get ready for...
- The Fastest and Easiest Way to Dramatically Improve your Photography. Watch videos and Before and After photos that demonstrate key skills to improve
- Command over exposure and light
- Stunning photos - consistently...
|Say goodbye to the "I'll Just Fix It in Photoshop" mentality for ever! Start capturing creative and correctly exposed images with new inspiration and a consistent command over your camera!
Understanding Lighting and Exposure Guide, Tutorials and Videos!
Stop wasting time scouring the Internet and re-reading books trying to put all the pieces together. Get out of the rut and get on the fast track to making correctly and creatively exposed photos every time!
We have compiled all the most important rules the pros follow (and those they break) ALL IN ONE PLACE.
The Self-Paced Course People Want the MOST
See what BetterPhoto members said they wanted to learn the most:
Lighting... Exposure... the two keys to Amazing photography
"Understanding Lighting and Exposure" has arrived...
This photography course contains 6 chapters full of techniques to change how you shoot and videos with Before and After photos for instant recognition and understanding. You will thrive in a Private Forum with open creative exchanges to grow together!
PLUS 10 BONUS ITEMS!
Start your journey in photography with an illustrated introduction to the art of photography.
With Jim's guidance, you'll find photography easy, fun, and ever-rewarding.
And you'll have all you need to know about exposure and light... at your fingertips.
WHAT YOU GET:
eBook Understanding Lighting and Exposure Guide including:
Instructional Videos by Jim Miotke
Videos - Introduction to Exposure and Lighting
Videos - The See Saw and AViD Photographer System
Videos - The 4 Questions of the Creative Photographer
Videos - Advanced Exposure Principles
Videos - Lighting!
Videos - BONUS!
Private Photographer Forum
- Chapter 1: Exposure, Simplified
- Chapter 2: Exposure and Metering Modes
- Chapter 3: The Digital Advantage
- Chapter 4: When Exposure Turns Tricky
- Chapter 5: A First Look at Light
- Chapter 6: Getting Creative with Shutter Speed
- Chapter 7: Getting Creative with Depth of Field
- Ask ANY question about photography in the private forum. Both you and your fellow photography students will benefit.
You also get 11+ Value Added Bonus items
- Shooting Check List
- Model Release Two-Pack
- Tutorial Take-Along: 8 Ways to Destroy Blur
- Tutorial Take-Along: Frame Within A Frame
- Tutorial Take-Along: The Pursuit of Light
- Tutorial Take-Along: Getting Close With Wide-Angle
- Tutorial Take-Along: Anytime Shooting Tips
- Tutorial Take-Along: Storytelling Photography
- Tutorial Take-Along: Creative Composition
- Interview with master photographers Tony Sweet, Rob Sheppard, and More
- Inspirations eBook
- Camera Phone eBook
- BetterPhoto Instructor Tips eBook
Jim's powerful exposure and lighting techniques will help you gain control over your digital camera. With this guide, you will become consistently better in:
- Choosing the Right Settings
- Getting the Creative Effect You Want
- Making the Most of the Light You're Given
- Purposely Blurring a Subject
- Capturing Portraits with a Nice Soft Background
- Using Available Light to Your Advantage
- Remembering the Numbers Quickly, When You Most Need To
- Keeping It Simple... and FUN!
What students are saying about BetterPhoto's Self-Guided Courses:
I enjoyed the course immensely. It was well worth the money spent. The information was easy to understand and the visual detail expressed through the video and pictures in the composition book made the different subjects that much more interesting and easy to follow. I was thoroughly amazed about how much more I learned about the Rule of Thirds, just by the visual demonstration and examples. I was fully engaged the entire time and enjoyed Jim & his wife's teaching style. In fact, I watched all the video's in two days. It was so much more interesting than just reading a book about photography.
--Faustina M Hartley
I could not have found this at a better time! I am making a huge life change...thank you for the inspirations!
At this point I would like to say that I LOVE this course!! It is simply worth every penny! What really works for me is that I can see and hear as I learn. And afterwards I can read the transcription and thereby remember what I just learned (or go back and read). And thank you, Jim for making it possible to download the videos and transcriptions, so that I can go back and watch and read without having to be online. This is simply a GREAT course in every way!!
This was motivating and a great Reminder. I recently moved out-of-state and have been missing my former "subjects," so the ideas here have inspired me to look outside the box of my normal/previous shooting habits.
So far (I'm half-way through) the book has made a great review and reminder for some of the essential things that I sometimes forget.
Introduction to Exposure Essentials
Forget about exposure frustrations
Feel in command of your f stops and ISOs
A zero-risk way to get started
This self-paced downloadable workbook gives detailed explanations in Jim's friendly style.
Students often take along Jim's photography books with them when they go out and shoot because he's such a fun companion. He makes the technical and complicated things SIMPLE!
In this self-paced independent course, Jim has distilled all the most important tools you need to make consistently great photos every time!
"Make WOW photos NOW!"
Are the assignments emailed to me?
Understanding Lighting and Exposure is a self-guided photography course. 100% Internet-based. You don't have to go anywhere. As soon as the class is live, you will be sent a downloadable workbook by email. Then you'll get access to your course with videos and course materials, along with a private online Photographer Forum to interact with fellow students.
Are there assignment due dates?
No - Go at your own pace applying these skills! Techniques are taught by workbook lessons and videos. There are no assignments due. You do not submit photo assignments for review. This is a self-guided course. Our interactive online courses offer a professional instructor who critiques your images and is available for questions.
See our online interactive courses here:
Are there videos and workbook mailed to me?
No. Understanding Lighting and Exposure is 100% Internet-based. All images of DVDs and workbooks images represented are intended to show materials you can download from this self-guided course.
How do I get the materials and watch videos?
The Understanding Lighting and Exposure workbook and bonus materials are available as PDFs. All videos are available to view on your computer. You can either view them online, or download them to save to your computer or eBook reader.
How long will I have access to the course?
For years and years, if you like. The truth is: it's so good, you'll like be out taking amazing photos in no time at all. But if you would like to be able to return to watch the videos and participate, you'll be able to do so as often as you like, for years to come.
What is the refund policy?
Our guarantee is straightforward. If you aren't happy for any reason, let us know within 14 days and you'll get a 100% refund.
Is this different from Jim's 7 books on photography?
Yes, it is revised with new information. Plus, there's a lot of new topics covered too. The photos come from a variety of sources and there are also guest instructor contributions!
Do I need an SLR Camera?
No, you do not need an SLR camera to benefit from this course. This is a fundamentals course but also has advanced content so you can grow in knowledge. The basic photography principals are covered and much much more!
Get instant control over your exposure...
- Get GREAT stunning photos and be recognized for your creative excellence.
- Capture beautiful, unique photos that show your subject in it's best light
- Get away from being totally dependent upon the fully AUTOMATIC camera settings
ON SALE today
SIGN UP for this Self-Paced Course TODAY