by Renata Gusciora.
This Neoclassical Baths Palace was designed by Domenico Merlini and completed in 1689. The building began as a bathhouse and then the king Stanislaw August Poniatowski converted it into private quarters. During World War II, the Germans drilled holes into the walls for explosives but never managed to blow up the palace. Later, the palace served as a barracks.
Royal Baths Park, Warsaw, Poland.