|Drop the "I'll Just Fix It in Photoshop" Mentality for good! Start creative image making with new inspiration and skills!
Creative Photography Composition Guide, Tutorials and Videos!
Stop wasting time scouring the Internet and re-reading books trying to put all the pieces together. Get out of the rut and get on the fast track to making creative photos every time! We have compiled all the most important rules the pros follow (and those they break) ALL IN ONE PLACE.
Creative Photo Composition
Creative Photo Composition
This Photography Composition Value Course contains 6 chapters full of techniques to change how you shoot and videos with Before and After photos for instant recognition and understanding. You will thrive in a Private Forum with open creative exchanges to grow together! PLUS 10 BONUS ITEMS!
Start your journey in photography with an illustrated introduction to the art of photography. With Jim's guidance, you'll find photography easy, fun, and ever-rewarding.
WHAT YOU GET:
eBook Creative Photo Composition Guide including:
Instructional Videos by Jim Miotke
Videos - Introduction to Creative Composition
- Chapter 1: A Review of the Basics
- Chapter 2: Getting Creative I: Point of View
- Chapter 3: Getting Creative II: Lens and Format
- Chapter 4: Photographing People and Pets
- Chapter 5: Photographing Nature and Landscapes
- Chapter 6: Wrapping it up & Photo Editing
Videos - Making the Subject #1 / Making the Background a Supporting Character
- 01 - Hello and Welcome: What You'll Be Learning
- 02 - What It's All About: Looking Beyond the Obvious
- 03 - Doing Whatever It Takes: Tools and Tricks to Get the "Wow" Response
Videos - Subject Placement
- 04 - Clear Background + Clear Focus = Surprising Pet Portrait
- 05 - Isolate and Simplify the Background
- 06 - Moving In to Make Your Subject Really "Pop!" Off the Plate
- 07 - Figure Out What Made You Stop... and Magnify It
- 08 - Moving in and Working the Subject for a Variety of Interpretations
Videos - Applying Compositional Principles to People, Kids, and Pets
- 09 - Off-Center Subject for Simpler Background and So Much More
- 10 - Classic Rule of Thirds Subject Placement
- 11 - Partial Rule of Thirds with Important Background Element
- 12 - Off-Center Subject Placement with Portraits
- 13 - Denise Miotke: Moving In Close to Capture the Essence While Traveling
- 14 - Playfully Photographing: Let Your Soul Sing
- 15 - Big Picture Lensbaby or Getting Super Close to Details
Videos - Landscapes, Seascapes, Animals and Details
- 16 - Eyes on the Upper Third (with a Bonus of Great Light!)
- 17 - Making Exceptions to the Classic Rules... and Having Fun!
- 18 - Make Sure Full Body Portraits are Indeed Full Body
- 19 - Working the Subject, Filling the Frame and Getting Eye Contact
Videos - Other Tools to Have in Your Toolbelt
- 20 - Where to Place the Horizon
- 21 - Tight on Details and Graphic Elements
- 22 - Flock of Seagulls: When to Go Telephoto; When to Include More
Private Photographer Forum
- 23 - Making Sacrifices: Choosing the Great Over the Good
- 24 - Making Use of Line
- 25 - Off-Center with Soft Background for Context
- 26 - Denise Miotke: Framing with Silhouettes
- 27 - How to Create Art: Work the Subject, Simplify, and Vary Orientation
- 28 - Looking Down for Fun Surprises
- 29 - Denise Miotke: Shadows for Textured Subject or Subtle Background
- 30 - Finding Details on the Farm
- 31 - The Rule of Thirds Revisited
- 32 - A Splash of Color
- 33 - Saying Yes to Shadows and Goodbye to Unwanted Reflection
- Ask ANY question about photography in the private "Creative Composition" Forum. Both you and your fellow photography students will benefit.
You also get 11 Value Added Bonus items
- Shooting Check List
- Model Release
- Model Release for Minors
- 7 Photography Tutorial Take-alongs
- Interview with master photographer Tony Sweet
- Inspirations eBook
- Camera Phone eBook
- BetterPhoto Instructor Tips eBook
Jim's powerful composition techniques will help you gain control over your digital camera. With this guide, you will become consistently better in:
- Simplifying Your Scene
- Subject and Horizon Placement
- Getting More Creative with Point of View
- Moving vs. Zooming
- Capturing Candid and Fast Action
- Nature Close ups and Details
- Tight Portraits vs. Environmental Shots
- Landscapes Big and Small
- Zoo and Wildlife Photography
- Photo Editing
What students are saying about BetterPhoto's Self-Guided Value Courses:
I enjoyed the course immensely. It was well worth the money spent. The information was easy to understand and the visual detail expressed through the video and pictures in the composition book made the different subjects that much more interesting and easy to follow. I was thoroughly amazed about how much more I learned about the Rule of Thirds, just by the visual demonstration and examples. I was fully engaged the entire time and enjoyed Jim & his wife's teaching style. In fact, I watched all the video's in two days. It was so much more interesting than just reading a book about photography.
--Faustina M Hartley
I could not have found this at a better time! I am making a huge life change...thank you for the inspirations!
At this point I would like to say that I LOVE this course!! It is simply worth every penny! What really works for me is that I can see and hear as I learn. And afterwards I can read the transcription and thereby remember what I just learned (or go back and read). And thank you, Jim for making it possible to download the videos and transcriptions, so that I can go back and watch and read without having to be online. This is simply a GREAT course in every way!!
This was motivating and a great Reminder. I recently moved out-of-state and have been missing my former "subjects," so the ideas here have inspired me to look outside the box of my normal/previous shooting habits.
So far (I'm half-way through) the book has made a great review and reminder for some of the essential things that I sometimes forget.
Introduction to Composition Essentials
A low-risk way to get started
This self-paced downloadable workbook gives detailed explanations in Jim's friendly style. People often take along Jim's photography books with them when they go out and shoot because he's such a fun companion. In this self-paced independent course, Jim has distilled all the most important tools you need to make consistently great photos every time!
"Make WOW photos NOW!"
Are the assignments emailed to me?
Creative Photo Composition is a SELF GUIDED Composition Fundamentals Photography Value Course. It contains 6 chapters full of techniques to change how you shoot and videos with Before and After photos for instant recognition and understanding.
100% Internet-based. You don't have to go anywhere. As soon as you sign up, you immediately be sent a downloadable workbook by email. Then you'll get access to your value course with videos and course materials, along with a private
online Private Photographers Forum to interact with fellow students.
Are there assignment due dates?
No - Go at your own pace applying these skills! Techniques are taught by workbook lessons and videos. There are no assignments due. You do not submit photo assignments for review. This is a self-guided course. Our interactive online courses offer a professional instructor who critiques your images and is available for questions.
See our online interactive courses here:
Are there videos and workbook mailed to me?
No. Creative Photo Composition is 100% Internet-based. All images of DVDs and workbooks images represented are intended to show materials you can download from this SELF GUIDED course.
How do I get the materials and watch videos?
The Creative Photo Composition Manual and Bonus Materials are all available as PDFs. Upon enrollment, you will receive an email with a password and instructions on how to log in to your Creative Photo Composition Online Community. All videos are available to view on your computer. You can either view them online, or download them to save to your computer or eBook reader.
How long will I have access to the course?
Return to watch the videos and participate as often as you like for one year!
What is the refund policy?
Our Course Guarantee is straightforward. If you aren't happy for any reason, let us know within 14 days and you'll get a 100% refund.
Do I need an SLR Camera?
No, you do not need an SLR camera to benefit from this course. This is a fundamentals course but also has advanced content so you can grow in knowledge. The basic photography principals are covered and much much more!
Established in 1996, BetterPhoto was the first to teach photography online and remains the worldwide leader in online photography education.
Get INSTANT Expertise
SIGN UP for this Value Course TODAY